Jinny Blom is looking for a studio manager to join its team in London.
Jinny Blom is a landscape and design studio based in Clerkenwell, London. Our multi-award-winning practice works in the UK and internationally. We are culturally committed to intelligent design and imaginative use of land to make it better for people, plants, wildlife and the future. We have strong design aesthetics and principles. We collaborate with a wide range of specialist designers, craftsmen and architectural practices to achieve our exceptionally high standards. Our dynamic studio is hardworking, cooperative, creative and sociable.
We are looking for a highly organised, proactive, and caring individual to oversee the daily operations of our busy Clerkenwell studio. This is an exciting and fast-paced role and the successful individual will possess a strong administrative skill set and a genial personality. Working closely with the director and staff, you will be providing support across the business including assisting with HR, marketing and project support.
Duties will include overseeing front of house, answering phone calls, emails, mail, welcoming clients and guests and providing first-class support to the director and senior staff. Great organisation and time-keeping skills are key, as the studio manager will be responsible for managing the studio diary, client meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements for the team. Working with external consultants, the successful candidate will manage various policies and procedures, including annual leave, absence/sickness, recruitment, on-boarding, supporting the in-house learning programme and employee reviews.
A varied and dynamic role, additional responsibilities will include overseeing budgets and various PR and press duties. Strong knowledge of InDesign, Adobe and MS Office is needed. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in a similar position. There is a huge opportunity for growth with this studio and to make the role your own.
Without limitation, the studio manager will be required to perform the following tasks:
- coordination of general office administration
- organisation and coordination of the smooth running of the studio, making it an efficient and pleasant environment for staff and visitors
- keeping the studio well-stocked and preparing and setting up for meetings
- ensuring the general upkeep of the office
- day-to-day responsibility for public relations and internal/external communications
- management of all press including inquiries and social media and attending, as necessary, marketing and promotional events
- liaising with the studio’s third-party insurers, accountants and legal team as instructed by the director
- keep up-to-date with changing legislation and advise the director and team as required
- management of health and safety policies and practicalities
- support for the director in preparing for talks and lectures
- coordination and delivery of studio events
- efficient and proactive management of the company calendar, including all project-related meetings, phone calls, site visits and deadlines
- keeping weekly design team meeting minutes
- management of the director’s timesheets
- assist in travel arrangements for the director and staff
- act as the first point of contact for clients and collaborators
- monitoring of and progress reports on, studio projects including, without limitation, budgets, planning and deadlines
- documenting and archiving of completed projects, such as bookbinding and final filing
- monitor general project-related deadlines such as planting and plant ordering
- suggest and schedule CPDs
- property management – Clerkenwell and Oxford studios
- various HR tasks including but not limited to
- operating as coordinator and liaison between staff and senior management
- recording staff annual leave and sick leave
- management of staff annual reviews and follow-up
- management of visas and sponsorship licences
- monitoring the studio’s compliance with HR protocols and policies