Jinny Blom Studio is looking for a talented landscape architect to join its studio in London.
Jinny Blom Studio is a uniquely creative multidisciplinary landscape architecture practice based in the design hub of Clerkenwell, London. Our award-winning work in the UK, Europe and internationally shows projects as varied as our clients.
We are culturally committed to intelligent design and imaginative use of land to make it better for people, plants, wildlife and the future. We have strong design aesthetics and principles. Attention to detail in both research and design are core. We collaborate with a wide range of specialist designers, craftsmen, and the very best architectural practices to achieve our exceptionally high standards. Our dynamic studio is hard-working, cooperative, creative and sociable.
Jinny Blom Studio is looking for a talented, experienced landscape architect to join our flourishing team.
- you will work on a variety of projects from concept design through to implementation on site
- you will prepare relevant information for planning, tender, and construction stages including 3D visuals, schedules for costing, detail design drawings, and planting plans
- you will liaise with consultants and contractors and maintain documentation to a high standard
- you will support the director and be a key member of the design team
- a degree in, and/or five years of proven experience in landscape architecture
- a strong interest and proven skills in landscape design and project management of landscape projects
- proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
- excellent design and technical skills
- ability to develop, draw and communicate design ideas from early concepts through to technical stages
- ability to lead complex projects and work seamlessly within larger teams
- solid practice experience
- excellent communication and management skills
- excellent spoken and written English
- ability to work under pressure
- ability to develop, set and run budgets
- be a proactive and motivated all-rounder with a positive attitude
- provide solid professional support to the director
- share the ethos of the studio to produce beautiful, thoughtful work for discerning clients
- interest in and understanding of plants and a capacity to manage plant schedules, procurement and installation
- proven ability to deal with clients and contractors courteously and fairly
- experience of the tender process
- site experience during construction
- ability to work overseas as required/travel
- experience in heritage and/or conservation work
If you are interested in applying for the role please submit your CV, portfolio (max 10mb) and cover letter by 13 November 2020 using the ‘apply’ link below.