Jo Cowen Architects is seeking a practice manager to join its team in London.
Jo Cowen Architects is looking for an experienced and pro-active practice manager to join their expanding team. The practice manager will support the directors in all aspects of administrative side of the business. The below description of responsibilities reflects core activities of the role and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The practice manager is responsible for leading the studio, maintaining good working relationships with the team and promoting a collaborative and positive working environment. Managing the studio team, you will ensure the smooth running of the studio day to day in respect of HR, office culture, finance and operations.
The practice manager should have a minimum of three years in a senior leadership role within a creative business. You will have prior experience in managing all financial elements of a business, with a background in HR and operations management, and the ability to communicate confidently both internally and externally.
You will work closely with the directors and senior team to develop and deliver the studio’s strategic objectives. You will hold regular meetings with the senior management team to identify, propose and facilitate improvements for the studio in response to changing business needs.
The practice manager should maintain good relationships with the team, encouraging creativity whilst ensuring effective and sustainable working practices, promoting opportunities for individual growth and development at all levels.
- oversee all elements of financial management including projections, cashflow and billing
- provide reporting to the directors and senior team on a monthly basis with the support of the accountant. Provide clear and informed recommendations for upcoming financial strategies for discussion
- maintain oversight of project fee agreements, ensuring information is translated into projections and cashflow accordingly
- regular liaison with accountants, review and sign off of end-of-year accounts, and overseeing the preparation of annual R+D claim
- monitor bank accounts, liaising with bank manager as required and checking and processing all payments
- coordinate annual performance review and salary reviews, setting salary bands in accordance with industry benchmarking
- managing the recruitment process, updating job descriptions
- oversee all operational elements of the studio, offering support and guidance to the team as required to facilitate the smooth running of the office
- regular liaison with IT consultants, managing software and licensing arrangements
- arrange for insurance renewals annually
- 22 days annual leave + paid leave for Christmas closure
- private healthcare
- life assurance
- income protection insurance
- cycle to work scheme
- season ticket loan
- discretionary bonus
- regular social events and many more
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Please submit your applications with the email subject line ‘practice manager application’ using the ‘apply’ link below. Deadline for applications is 26 May 2023.
Jo Cowen Architects is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed. Any offer of employment with JCA will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.