Jo Hamilton Interiors is looking for a senior/mid-weight interior designer to be based in its studio in Belsize Village, London.
Jo Hamilton Interiors is at the heart of a number of major projects, so we need to find an excellent interior designer.
The role will be challenging and the successful candidate will hit the ground running with the support of creative director Jo Hamilton.
The role on offer is freelance and full-time, but we very much have an eye on the right person joining the team permanently.
Our studios are in the lovely Belsize Village, right between Primrose Hill and Hampstead, where we offer a comprehensive design service incorporating interior architecture, spatial planning, lighting design, procurement, build and decoration in addition to landscape and garden design.
Jo Hamilton has run her own interior design firm for more than two decades and in that time has developed a strong reputation for her confident grasp of colour, intelligent use of space and luxury aesthetic.
At the heart of Jo’s approach is the client and ensuring they are heard and their opinions valued at every stage. And while our interior design practice is world-renowned for its high-end finish, we work with budgets of varying size and scale, and these budgets are strictly adhered to.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have strong skills in developing concepts and ideas, and be confident in presenting these to the client
- be loyal to the client brief, while also looking for solutions or approaches the client may not have considered or been aware of
- be experienced in sourcing and have a thorough knowledge of FF&E, particularly in reference to high-end residential
- keep accurate and detailed specification and costing documentation along with any other records relevant to the role
- prepare accurate technical drawings for tender and for use by a range of different contractors
- have an excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp
- be experienced, and totally at ease, in using an iMac
- knowledge and experience of the following software would stand in your favour: AutoCAD, V-Ray and rendering software
- communicate politely and effectively (in person and on paper/electronically) with clients, suppliers, contractors and colleagues on a regular basis
- possess excellent technical drawing and free-hand sketching skills
- be fluent in English, verbal and written – you are also a UK resident, eligible to work in the UK and in possession of a National Insurance number and GBP bank account
The successful candidate will have at least four years’ experience working in high-end residential interiors, with proven design skills and a track record of managing projects on time and working to budgets.