Jo Malone London is seeking a freelance interior designer in London.
The interior designer will work as an integral part of our in-house store design team supporting the senior managers with the execution of new store design projects.
They will assist in gathering research and relevant information for each project and present to the senior designers in a clear and cohesive approach ensuring the in-house store design team are well informed. They will be part of design development conversations and detail out new design concepts through hand-drawing, 3D-modelling or CAD.
This will be a great opportunity to be part of the design development of new retail concepts for a global brand and assist directly in the execution and implementation across numerous regions. The position will take direction from the senior store designers and requires handling multiple projects and job responsibilities simultaneously under tight timelines. They will also be required to assist the store design team in day to day logistics and handling some administrative duties.
- gathers relevant information and research required for each design project.
- develops new details and design concepts through sketching, 3D-modelling (SketchUp) or CAD (AutoCAD/Vectorworks)
- manages the workflow of 3D models through V-Ray ensuring all projects are rendered to a high specification and in sync with a project’s deliverables
- good understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- actively researches current trends in global culture, retail design, architecture, fashion, art, furniture and materials. Build and maintain archive of visual inspiration and material samples
- knowledge of manufacture techniques and material behaviors. Contacting suppliers and requesting all relevant information in relation to new specifications or designs
- actively research changes in consumer behaviors and habits with emphasis on building a strong branded consumer experience in store
- brings inspirational contributions and design ideas to weekly brainstorm sessions
- communicates confidently and effectively with senior designers identifying potential risks and opportunities for projects
- maintains departmental records of final architectural drawings and photographs for each store
- maintains the brands architectural standard detail deck and 3D SketchUp library and updates accordingly, capturing any approved design developments
- manages the raising of purchase orders and budget tracking for the department
- responsible for the shipping of materials to our regional teams
- BA in interior design, architecture or industrial design
- strong in detail design and active interest in retail environments
- must thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well within a small team
- strong ability to understand instructions and use integrity to establish best plan of action
- superior organisational skills; ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- confident hand drawing and sketching skills
- proficient in AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- proficient in SketchUp and V-Ray for SketchUp