Jo Thompson Landscape & Garden Design is seeking a landscape architect to join its team in East Sussex, UK.
We are looking for a talented Landscape Architect with over four years’ experience and a passion for architecture, design and plants, to be a key member of the design team. Creativity and enthusiasm are vital.
Our focus is on delivering highly detailed, beautiful and creative designs for a range of landscapes large and small: the successful candidate will be driven, enthusiastic, well-organised and have an ability to respond to tight deadlines, working on multiple projects from concept design through to completion.
The successful candidate will have the ambition to make a positive contribution to our flourishing practice, supporting the director and the team.
The position is full-time, with flexible working arrangements. The practice is based in East Sussex.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate, commensurate with experience.
Qualities and skills:
- qualified landscape architect with over four years’ experience within a landscape/design studio
- passionate about garden design, passionate about plants
- confident and an ability to nurture excellent client relationships
- exceptional design skills
- a high standard of analytical, design and technical abilities
- excellent IT literacy including Adobe suite, Vectorworks, SketchUp and Microsoft Office packages
- good hand-drawing skills
- an ability to produce technical drawings, details and specifications
- the ability to lead complex projects and work seamlessly within larger teams
- dynamic, self-motivated, creative and well-organised
- comfortable working independently and capable of carrying projects from concept to implementation.
- able to work to deadlines and to manage time
- an understanding of the UK planning system and how this applies to landscape architecture, and an ability to produce detailed planning applications
- experience in heritage and/or conservation work
- comfortable managing junior staff, delegating tasks and reviewing progress
- a rigorous attention to detail and quality of work
- flexible attitude
- flexibility of travel both in the UK and abroad
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
The successful candidate will:
- be able to provide two references
- be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- have the right to live and work in the UK
- hold a full driving licence
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.