Jo Thompson Landscape & Garden Design is seeking a landscape architect to join its team in London or East Sussex, UK.
Jo Thompson Landscape & Garden Design have established a worldwide reputation as trusted advisors and creative partners to private and commercial clients. Our mission is to create beautiful and sustainable landscapes for the client, the land, and the future.
Projects range from rooftop terraces to family gardens large and small, to country estates and heritage landscapes, and public parks and landscapes for schools, hospitals and care homes, as well as gold medal-winning show gardens.
We are looking for a talented landscape architect ideally with two to five years’ post-qualification experience in landscape with one year working in the UK or working on UK projects. Experience in public spaces projects desirable. Creativity and enthusiasm are vital. Passionate for architecture, design and plants, to be a key member of the design team. The position is available immediately.
The position is full-time, with flexible working arrangements available upon discussion. A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate, commensurate with experience.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order fulfil the job to the necessary standard:
- well-organised and have an ability to respond to tight deadlines and working on multiple projects
- positive contribution to our flourishing practice, supporting the leading team and establishing strong working relationships with other members of the landscape team
- produce drawings and other technical documentation, with the necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development of the projects from concept design through to completion
- leads and participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- assist senior in sending and receiving project information and coordinate with external consultancy teams involved in the projects
- attend DTMs and report back to senior
Qualities and skills:
- qualified landscape architect, architect or closely related subject, ideally with two to five years post qualification
- exceptional design skills
- a high standard of analytical, design and technical abilities
- confident in the use of CAD software (Vectorworks preferred)
- exceptional skills in at least one 3D modelling software (SketchUp, Rhino, Vectorworks) and ability to work with complex geometry and terrain
- proficiency in Adobe suite, Microsoft Office 365
- good hand-drawing skills
- an ability to produce technical drawings, details and specifications
- dynamic, self-motivated, creative and well-organised with a rigorous attention to detail and quality of work
- able to work to deadlines and to manage time
- flexible attitude
- flexibility of travel in the UK
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
The successful candidate will:
- be able to provide references
- have the right to live and work in the UK
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.