Joanna Knight Interiors is looking for a procurement assistant/coordinator to join its team in Reigate, Surrey.
Our practice is well known within the industry for executing designs and value-driven projects within the hospitality and marine sectors. Our approach to projects is unique – with a flair for design as well as proficiency in sourcing globally. Our company has grown phenomenally in the last three years and this is a chance to learn quickly within a fast-paced, and exciting company, working on a variety of projects, including hotels and cruise ships.
This role is for a procurement coordinator who has an interest in design.
Being able to liaise with all members of a small, close-knit team is essential for this position due to the amount of collaboration occurring between teams. You must have excellent people skills, dealing with clients and suppliers on a daily basis. Excellent numerical and Excel spreadsheet skills are a must. Drive and enthusiasm for the job are a given. There will be an opportunity to travel to site, sometimes abroad, and to be a part of the Installation team when the project nears completion.
This role would suit a recent graduate.
What you’ll be doing each day:
- budgeting of jobs, compiling supplier quotes and producing tender recommendations
- organise the purchase and shipping of fabrics, furniture, artwork and accessories
- order administration
- work with the project team to negotiate delivery dates with suppliers and push them to reach these targets
- coordinate with colleagues on resolution of problems and timely payments
- coordination with suppliers throughout the duration of the Purchase Order, for invoice submission, expediting delivery information and shipping documentation
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- experience in purchasing and logistics not required but an interest in learning about these areas is
- confident communicator, both spoken and written
- having strong attention to detail
- good computer skills
- willingness to learn
- outgoing and fun personality
To submit your CV, click the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the ad.