John Cullen Lighting is seeking a lighting designer to become part of its team in London.
The designer is a creative position within the design studio. The role incorporates the duties of design and self-management of your own design projects as well as assisting more senior designers and directors with larger design projects as directed.
You must be creative, highly organised, flexible, a good listener and a good learner. You must be a John Cullen Lighting ambassador and should conduct yourself accordingly by acting in a professional manner at all times and by setting a good example to customers, suppliers, colleagues and visitors. You must be proficient in CAD.
- deliver high-quality design schemes, specifications and creative advice to John Cullen Lighting clients
- deliver the highest level of customer service to John Cullen Lighting clients
- design and present lighting design schemes for John Cullen Lighting clients to a high level and to deadline
- to be fully aware of the latest insights, trends and creative influences in lighting design
- demonstrate and advocate the highest creative and technical design skills
- demonstrate and advocate the highest technical knowledge of lighting
- be knowledgeable about all design practices, regulations and company products
- produce fee proposals and to ensure that they are produced and dispatched in a timely manner to meet customer expectations
- manage, record and report your follow-ups on fee proposals to convert the highest number into fee-paying design projects
- generate the maximum personal billable creative hours for the company and to achieve your billable hours target
- attend on and advise customers in the showroom, give product demonstrations and take part in the showroom rota
- to liaise with the John Cullen Lighting sales team to convert as many sales opportunities as possible
- to work additional hours as required commensurate with the responsibilities of a designer
- to assist with CPD seminars and masterclasses if required in accordance with the company CPD/masterclass programme
- support and to report the design director and take responsibilities as delegated by your line manager and company directors
- help manage specific tasks involved in the day-to-day design studio as required and oversee the smooth running of the studio in the absence of more senior colleagues
- attend client sites visits, instigate site visits and site surveys as necessary as part of project work
- carry out commissioning of lighting schemes after installation when required including during antisocial hours
- to work additional hours as required commensurate with the responsibilities your role including, but not exclusively
- CPD seminars
- site visits/commissioning
- showroom manning
- Saturday showroom manning
- to manage office personal admin in accordance with company processes
- to manage, monitor and report on your own personal development and targets by way of meetings and appraisals
- demonstrate excellent project management skills and practices in dealing with customers, suppliers and staff to deliver tasks and projects on time and on budget
- produce design specifications, fee proposals and quotations to the highest quality commensurate with the John Cullen Lighting brand
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.