John Cullen Lighting is looking for a sales executive to join its team in London.
Purpose of the role
To handle and convert inbound sales calls, developing customer relationships and exceeding personal sales targets. Providing a unique experience and guiding the customer as appropriate. Promoting our services and products to offer the best solution for the client whilst maximising the sales opportunity.
- be fully aware of the latest products, technology and technical information in the John Cullen product range, including all its unique selling points
- answer incoming phone calls as part of the sales team
- proactively follow up potential sales queries (by email or phone) to convert them to orders
- generate and process product sales orders, and sales orders for design
- generate the maximum personal sales revenue for the company at the best margin and to achieve sales targets
- deliver the highest level of customer service to John Cullen clients
- up sell and negotiate with customers to deliver the biggest orders at the best margins for the company whilst being sensitive to customer’s needs and budgets
- be knowledgeable in all aspects of lighting best practices including fittings, drivers, regulations, control systems and both John Cullen and competitor products
- develop long-term customer relationships with a view to generating and increasing sales
- advise customers in the showroom, give product demonstrations and take part in the showroom and Saturday rota as required
- communicate effectively in person and also through email and phone, specifications and quotations etc.
- deliver seminars through CPD trainings and assist on JCL master classes
- GCSEs, with good grades in English and maths
- two plus years’ in a phone sales role, preferably in a luxury goods or brand business with value-based specification selling
- knowledge of LED lighting products preferable, but technical background ideal
Key skills and attributes:
- commercial awareness and numeracy
- highly organised
- excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- positive and energetic
- proactive and willing to make outbound calls to follow up queries
- ability to spot sales opportunities.
- ability to retain detailed technical knowledge
- proficient in use of MS-Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ideally additional software skills in CRM, SAP and AutoCAD
- time keeping and project management
- ability to multitask and prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- a passion for building long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- curiosity and interest in the lighting market
- proven track record in achieving sales results
- takes initiative regarding problem solving an
At John Cullen Lighting, we work on projects around the world helping clients transform the lighting in their homes and gardens, hospitality venues and superyachts. We are a lively, dynamic company and we’re proud of what we do. Our projects range from simple one-room installations to multi-million pound homes and yachts. Located in the Chelsea Design Quarter in London, we work with the most renowned architects, interior designers and developers within the industry and deliver projects with real impact.
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.