John McAslan + Partners has an opportunity for a mid-level business development coordinator to join its team in London.
Role: mid-level business development coordinator
Ref: 2020 BDC
Salary band: – £26 – £35,000 depending on experience
Location: London, UK
John McAslan + Partners, are an international design-led studio with a extensive portfolio of award-winning projects across infrastructure, commercial, residential, education, cultural, heritage, urban design and landscape sectors, with offices in London and Edinburgh, a growing studio launched in 2018 in Sydney, Australia.
Covering a broad range of sectors across international bases our PR and communication teams role is paramount to our continued success and business development coordinator is a key role in terms of liaison between both internal and external stakeholders.
Main duties and responsibilities
The business development coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
- identify opportunities that match our sector expertise to assist in the growth of our Sydney studio – expanding into other regions ie: Melbourne, Perth and expanding on current business profile
- identify opportunities that match our sector expertise to help the practice establish NY office in 2020 and help establish a business profile with external communications team and stakeholders
- carry out pre-bid/tender reconnaissance in order to inform opinion
- research opportunities in depth to provide cost and reward analysis
- selection of tenders and OJEU with the senior management team
- evaluate and report on the cost and effectiveness of all tender submissions: competitive, private, public
- responsible for the delivery of high quality pre-qualification and tender submissions, ensuring that responses to opportunities are written to the highest possible standard
- internal communications to support the design teams together with the production of marketing material
- the collation and written content of all award submissions, stage reports, design manuals and presentations
- liaise with and be the conduit between the practice and external PR and communications practice ensuring they are kept up to date and full information of current project timelines to aid greater practice visibility on personnel profiles
- this is a fast-paced and varied role within a creative environment and supported by the broader team which brings with it a huge breadth and depth of experience, knowledge and skills
To be successful you will need:
- demonstrable experience within the architectural industry
- familiarity with international markets, influencers and key stakeholders in order to establish and help us build networks through facilitated introductions
- exceptional time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- demonstrable evidence of research and development capability
- excellent written communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- meticulous attention to detail and a good eye for graphic presentation
- familiarity with the OJEU process and completing PQQs
- experience of using Adobe Creative Suite CC (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is essential as well as good Microsoft Office package skills
- a good understanding of preparing documents for print and publishing
- CMS systems (e-marketing) and social media platforms (LinkedIn)
- possess the confidence to liaise with senior management and external client teams
- fluent in spoken and written English
- proactive, highly organised, have the ability to manage up and down, tenacious and flexible in your approach, and above all an enthusiasm for architecture
If you think this could be the job for you, we look forward to receiving your concise cover letter, with an accompanying CV highlighting your relevant experience and skills along with two examples of written work and or tenders.
To apply, please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below quoting Ref: 2020 – BDC in the subject line, or by post to:
The recruitment team
John McAslan + Partners
7-9 William Road
Due to the high level of response anticipated, we may not be able to respond to every application received but thank you for your interest in the role, and working for John McAslan + Partners.
Deadline for submissions: Monday 30 December 2019
No agencies please.
John McAslan + Partners is an equal opportunities employer.
Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction) will be required.