John Robertson Architects (JRA) is seeking an enthusiastic and versatile communications coordinator in London.
This is a key role at the heart of the practice and is a great opportunity to be involved with and contribute to every aspect of our communications and marketing.
John Robertson Architects (JRA) is an established, award winning AJ100 architectural practice based in central London. The practice undertakes a wide range of architectural projects including new-build schemes and redevelopments, work to listed and historic buildings and fit-out and interior architecture. Our projects range in value from £2m to £200m. 2019 was an exciting year for JRA, with a number of awards, good levels of press coverage and a rebranding process underway.
The communications coordinators assist in creating and managing our marketing, business development and publicity activities and is a very varied role. It’s a great opportunity to develop your skills and experience and to work on many aspects of communications within the design sector. You will have the chance to work closely with the directors, develop a detailed understanding of marketing for the sector and will be able to take ownership of projects and contribute with ideas.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- creation of practice profiles and presentations
- production and management of bids and competition submissions
- updating and managing the company website and social media
- production of brochures and other marketing collateral
- coordinating press requests and delivering the requested material and information
- liaising with graphic designers
- coordination and organisation of company events, receptions and exhibitions
- liaising with external PR companies and managing press releases and PR opportunities
- maintenance of in-house contacts database and image library
- coordination and commissioning of photography
- updating and creating content for internal communications
Key qualities and experience
You will be highly organised, flexible, creative and proactive in your approach, as well as confident and presentable. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of marketing and a passion for communications. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as the role will involve some copywriting and content creation as well as client communications. You will need a proven ability to balance a range of tasks while meeting multiple deadlines. Experience of working in an architectural practice is desirable but not essential.
The JRA marketing team consists of two communications coordinators who report to the directors and the practice manager.
Essential skills: Microsoft Office Suite/InDesign/Photoshop
Preferred skills: WordPress/social media software
Salary: negotiable, dependent on experience
John Robertson Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
To apply, please submit a covering letter describing how you will contribute to JRA along with your CV.
Attachments must not exceed 5MB. Candidates must possess fluent spoken and written English.
No agencies please.