Johnson Naylor is seeking an assistant for FF&E, procurement and design to join its team in London.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture practice based in Clerkenwell, London.
We deliver inventive, contextual, considered design always working from first principles with an open minded and rational approach.
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative space where the team are encouraged to share, develop, progress and to own and have pride in the work they do.
Well-known for many successful large scale residential developments we also work in the cultural and hospitality sectors.
We are currently looking for an assistant to join the FF&E team. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience post degree in commercial or domestic residential interiors and/or the hospitality sector working on either FF&E and interiors or FF&E only.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- energetic motivated creative thinker with the passion for intelligent, thoughtful and considered design and a keen interest to learn and grow within the field of furniture, procurement and styling
- great organisational skills, grasp of detail and the ability to think ahead, manage programme workflow and work with your team, and the wider teams on multiple projects at different stages
- experience of working on communicating design intent through presentations and drawing packages
- CAD layouts/elevations
- scheduling and specification sheets
- finishes scheduling and materials boards
- indicative/illustrative digital sketches
- Vectorworks – ideally but we are open to cross training from other software
- InDesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- industry knowledge of designers, furniture, suppliers would be beneficial
- understanding of budgets and experience of procurement, managing budgets would be beneficial
- ability to communicate design ideas visually and verbally within the studio and keen to develop client presentation skills and you will have excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- experience of working on site on installation of furniture and dressing, styling and photo shoots would be beneficial
- minimum BA hons in interior design/interior architecture or design
What we offer
This is full time position, perfect for growing your career in a highly skilled, collaborative, sharing and caring studio.
We offer a hybrid working scheme subject to completing a three month probationary period, starting 20 days holiday plus regular architectural/design trips, factory visits, regular internal training and CPD, company pension scheme, employee assistance programme and bonus scheme.
Salary is dependent on experience – please submit your expectation with your application.
Please email your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the apply for job button below.