Johnson Naylor is looking for an assistant designer to join its team in London.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture practice based in Clerkenwell, London. We deliver inventive, contextual, considered design always working from first principles with an open-minded and rational approach.
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative space where the team is encouraged to share, develop, progress and to own and have pride in the work they do. Well-known for many successful large-scale residential developments we also work in the cultural and hospitality sectors.
We are currently looking for a highly creative assistant designer to join the FF&E team. You will have a minimum of two years experience post-degree in commercial or domestic residential interiors and/or the hospitality sector working on either FF&E and interiors or FF&E only.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- energetic motivated creative thinker with a passion for intelligent, thoughtful and considered design and a keen interest to learn and grow within the field of furniture and styling
- great organisational skills, grasp of detail and the ability to think ahead, manage programme workflow and work with your team and the wider teams on multiple projects at different stages
- experience of working on communicating design intent through presentations and drawing packages
- CAD layouts/elevations
- Vectorworks – ideally but we are open to cross training from other software
- SketchUp – beneficial
- InDesign and Photoshop – beneficial
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- scheduling and specification sheets
- finishes scheduling and materials boards
- indicative/illustrative digital sketches
- ability to take ownership of a full FF&E package from concept through to delivery
- industry knowledge of designers, furniture and suppliers is essential
- understanding of budgets and experience of procurement, managing budgets is essential
- ability to communicate design ideas visually and verbally within the studio
- excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- experience of working onsite on installation of furniture and dressing, styling and photo shoots is beneficial
- minimum BA Hons in interior design/interior architecture or design
What we offer:
This is a full-time position, perfect for growing your career in a highly skilled, collaborative, busy studio.
We offer a hybrid working scheme subject to completing a four-month probationary period, starting 23 days holiday plus regular architectural/design trips, factory visits, regular internal training and CPD, company pension scheme, employee assistance programme and bonus scheme.
The salary is dependent on experience – please submit your expectation with your application.
Please email your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the apply for Job button below.