Johnson Naylor is seeking a senior designer to join its team in London.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture practice based in Clerkenwell, London.
We deliver inventive, contextual, considered design always working from first principles with an open minded and rational approach.
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative space where the team are encouraged to share, develop, progress and to own and have pride in the work they do.
Well known for many successful large scale residential developments we also work in the cultural and hospitality sectors.
We are currently looking for a highly creative senior designer to join the team. You will have a minimum of seven years’ experience post degree in commercial residential interiors and/or the hospitality sector.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- strong creative thinker with the ability to lead the creative process and develop intelligent , thoughtful and considered design
- strong technical knowledge and the ability to brief and work alongside technicians overseeing Stage 3 packages to protect the design intent
- good understanding of the construction process , working with consultant teams and leading your design team through concept and developed design processes
- ability to communicate design ideas visually and verbally within the studio and externally, have excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- strong leader with experience of managing middleweight and junior designers
- great organisational skills, grasp of detail and the ability to think ahead, programme workflow and manage your team while helping them grow
- an interest and passion for sustainable design would be an advantage
- minimum BA hons in interior design/interior architecture or architecture
- advanced skills in SketchUp/InDesign/Photoshop required – Vectorworks is an advantage though we are open to cross training from other software
What we offer
This is full time position, perfect for growing your career in a highly skilled, collaborative, sharing and caring studio.
We offer a Hybrid working scheme subject to completing a three month probationary period, Starting 20 days holiday plus regular architectural/design trips, factory visits, regular internal training and CPDs, company pension scheme, employee assistance programme and bonus scheme.
Salary is dependent on experience – please submit your expectation with your application.
Please email your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the apply for job button below.