Johnson Naylor currently has an opportunity for a studio assistant to join its London studio.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture and design practice based in Clerkenwell, London. Founded by Brian Johnson and Fiona Naylor, we have developed a reputation for delivering inventive, contextual and elegant design. Working from first principles our approach is collaborative, rational and open.
We are looking for a studio assistant to provide support to the design teams and assist the studio manager in the day-to-day running of the studio. The role requires an energetic, friendly, helpful and proactive individual who is used to using their own initiative, and able to prioritise and multitask effectively.
- managing incoming calls, emails, studio diary and meeting room
- coordinating couriers, taxis, deliveries and post
- monitoring and purchasing PPE equipment, stationary, first aid equipment and consumables
- travel arrangements and bookings
- updating the Johnson Naylor website and blog
- creating and compiling credential presentations and pitch documents using InDesign
- binding and printing of presentation documents
- adhoc project related tasks
- organising CPD presentations and lunch if required
- arranging and coordinating studio trips (local and international)
- organising monthly studio catch-ups
- managing of our FileMaker database
- credit card reconciliations, checking and logging invoices
- maintaining coffee machine and other studio equipment
- arranging cards and cakes for staff birthdays and other occasions
- general housekeeping around the studio to ensure it is organized, tidy and well stocked
- assisting in health and safety and security management
- other ad hoc tasks assisting the studio manager and partners
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong attention to detail
- computer literate with strength in using Macs (InDesign skills preferable)
- friendly, organised and punctual person with a flexible and professional approach
£21,000 – £24,000 dependant upon experience
This is a full-time position, 9.30 am-6pm and is a support role so does not require the skills of an interior designer.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.