Johnson Naylor is hiring a studio coordinator to join its team in London.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture and design practice based in Clerkenwell, London. Founded in 1990 by Brian Johnson and Fiona Naylor, we have developed a reputation for delivering inventive, contextual and elegant design. Working from first principles, our approach is collaborative, rational and open.
We are looking for a Studio Coordinator to join our practice. They will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the Studio, supervising maintenance and undertaking ad hoc tasks where necessary.
- supervise front of house – answer and transfer phone calls, accept and distribute deliveries, greet visitors
- manage general studio Gmail account
- coordinate regular purchase of Studio supplies (stationery, food, hand soap etc.)
- negotiate all studio contracts (Security, fire alarm, electricity, cleaning etc.)
- ensure the studio is kept tidy and presentable; including arranging Studio Tidies
- coordinate cleaners and waste collection
- health and safety – act as first aider and fire marshal, carry out risk assessments/regular fire alarm checks, ensure all staff adhere to H&S protocols
- recruitment – draft job descriptions, post adverts online, field applications
- manage new staff inductions
- organise Staff training and appraisals
- issue contracts of employment
- ensure staff adhere to HR Policies and ensure these are up to date
- store and maintain confidential records and documents, holidays and sickness records
- purchasing/credit card reconciliation: store receipts, raise POs, supervise petty cash tin
- IT interface with IT Manager
- ad hoc project/studio related tasks (often using Photoshop/InDesign)
- maintain Studio events calendar & diary
- coordinate and lead weekly Studio management meetings with partners
- arrange Studio trips
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- computer literate with strength using Macs
- exceptional organisational skills
- knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred
- proactive nature with the ability to prioritise and undertake a diverse range of tasks
- good diplomacy
This is a full time position based at our Studio in Clerkenwell – please note this role is not suitable for hybrid working.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV via Dezeen.