Johnston Cave Associates is seeking a RIBA Part-II assistant/technician to join its practice near Oxford, UK.
We are a medium sized architectural practice delivering innovative architecture in historic and sensitive settings mainly in the south-east of England. Our expertise ranges from ecclesiastical works to large residential country houses.
We are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated individual who will bring enthusiasm, creative thinking, a strong work ethic and good organisational skills to our team. The roles will require successful candidates to work both independently and as part of a team on all aspects of the design process and across a number of projects simultaneously.
The practice is committed to supporting the self-directed professional development of our team, including offering the appropriate experience and support to employees undertaking Part-III qualifications.
Summary of role requirements:
- RIBA Part-II, or recognised qualification/accreditation in architectural technology such as CIAT membership
- demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- develop project concepts under supervision of the directors
- manage a varied workload within realistic deadlines
- AutoCAD proficiency
- good presentation skills desirable (Photoshop)
- good modelling skills desirable (SketchUp or other 3D modelling packages)
- good knowledge of UK Building industry and Building Regulations
- good organisational skills
Please submit your CV and portfolio as PDF files using the ‘apply’ link below.
No agencies please.