Jolie Studio is seeking a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
Jolie is a leading senior interior design practice based in Manchester; we are looking for a forward thinking, highly creative interior designer to join our award winning studio through an exciting period of development.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity to support the expansion of our studio in London as we establish a permanent studio in the city.
You’ll be switched on to a modern aesthetic, with a unique sense of style and be passionate about keeping up-to-date with new developments and trends in the design industry.
We require a confident individual, comfortable with leading key projects in the commercial and hospitality sector. We are looking for a safe set of hands to represent the Jolie brand for our London clients, to support with regular DTMs, collaborate with architects and contractors and site visits.
You will be London based and have at least seven plus years’ experience across all project phases from initial concept development to completion, and feel at ease working with onsite teams, architects, CGI artists, suppliers and contractors.
You will work efficiently within our processes as well as joining the founder and the creative director delivering pitch work, and will initially be remote as well as occasional visits to Manchester to collaborate with the North West team.
You will bring experience and supplier connections, have a wealth of material knowledge and be skilled in visualising your work for presentation.
Your portfolio should demonstrate highly creative skills and technical ability.
If you are ambitious, confident and creative, with seven plus years’ experience get in touch!
- ability to visualise concepts and confidently present ideas and the meaning and purpose behind a strategy
- seven years’ plus experience in the role of an interior designer with extensive creative competence
- competence within all RIBA stages
- site experience required: following projects from concept through to construction
- have extensive knowledge of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E)
- have extensive knowledge of materiality and finishes
- hold a bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- experience of managing and/or mentoring a team
- experience in the following essential programs: AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- excellent design, presentation and graphics skills
- work with team to process and develop solutions, acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with client team
- research and develop innovative concepts, environments and materials to support design team on technical issues influencing concept development
- work within timely schedules to coordinate the completion of tasks through to final project completion
- conduct on-site observations and provide recommendations to help streamline ongoing design projects
- prepare and participate in client presentations, deliver concepts, design development and detail design (including visuals, modelling, rendering, technical design documentation)
- select furniture, materials, decor and finishes while keeping within budget
- liaise with outside suppliers, contractors and specialists presenting ideas both internally and externally
- strong organisational and communication skills
- brave and innovative thinker
- ability to create project programs, manage budgets and achieve deadlines
- proactive and can work both on individual tasks and within a project team
- a desire to push the studio ahead of its competition
- attention to detail calm under pressure, the ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- flexible, can-do attitude
Submit your CV, portfolio and cover letter via the apply for job button below.