Jonathan Tuckey Design is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its west London office.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with existing buildings, who are interested in contributing to the future of the practice, and who have recently completed their Part 2.
Jonathan Tuckey Design works on a variety of existing and new buildings, and in a variety of mediums. Model making is integral to us as a practice and successful candidates will need to demonstrate a high proficiency in this area.
We seek applicants with the following qualifications, qualities and experience:
- confident, with good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- work experience through all stages, from planning, tender to completion is helpful
- experience on technical drawings, specifications and schedules
- experience assisting and running projects
- building site experience is helpful but not essential
- understanding of building detail design
- excellent design and presentation skills, including hand drawings
- able to use CAD, Vectorworks preferred but not essential
- proficient at using Creative Suite and experience of using 3D software such as SketchUp
- prior experience working in a practice is helpful
Candidates must be available to start immediately.
Please submit your CV, selected portfolio and covering letter by clicking the ‘apply’ button below. Hardcopies will not be considered nor returned.
All relevant information should be combined into one single PDF document of no more than ten pages. Large applications or with more than one attachment will not be considered.
Due to the large volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.