Joseph Walsh Studio is seeking a gallery assistant to join its team in County Cork, Ireland.
Joseph Walsh Studio
Joseph Walsh Studio, situated in County Cork, Ireland, encompasses a design studio, workshop, gallery and archive. Here art, craft, design and technical innovation merge in the creation of exquisite and expressive pieces that open up new possibilities in material and form. Joseph Walsh’s works, from monumental scale sculptures to one-of-a-kind site-specific commissions and collectible design editions, can be found in significant international public and private collections.
The gallery assistant works in the Joseph Walsh Studio Gallery Business Unit [BU] under the direction of the gallery manager. Working on-site, the gallery assistant will have a clear understanding of the unit’s function and overall objectives. They will attend all alignment meetings, report twice weekly at gallery BU meetings and will provide the gallery manager with a progress report prior to each quarterly management meeting. The gallery assistant will also contribute to the gallery BU’s KPI’s in respect of setting objectives and criteria for assessment. The gallery assistant will be flexible and will assist other members of the gallery team, if and when required, to ensure the BU meets its overall objectives.
- dealing with client communications – working closely with both the creative director associate and gallery team
- coordinating client experiences/visits – working closely with the gallery team
- dealing with client services
- gallery maintenance
- exhibition planning – working closely with both the creative director associate and the gallery team
- managing the contacts database
- managing the works database
- managing the calendar of activities
- participation in the development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies to build strong and long-term relationships with high level clients and cultural institutions
- participation on the development and implementation of the sales strategy – working closely with both the creative director associate and the gallery team
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent presentation and organisational skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- a proficiency in MS applications and Mac (essential)
- experience in using social media platforms
- experience of website management tools (preferable)
- the ability to work on their own initiative and achieve deadlines
- a full clean driving licence (essential)