at JPA Design
JPA Design has a vacancy for a CMF designer to join its growing team in London.
CMF designer at JPA Design
JPA Design, an experience-driven hospitality and transportation design agency, is seeking a CMF designer with one to four years of industry experience to join their growing London studio.
Full-time (subject to six-month probation period)
Who we are
JPA Design delivers future-focused designs for the interior spaces of today and transportation worlds of tomorrow. A distinguished agency founded on inventions and innovations that has shaped the way the world travels. JPA Design partners with leaders in aviation such as Cathay Pacific, American Airlines and Singapore Airlines; creates luxury trains like the Venice-Simplon Orient Express and the Belmond Royal Scotsman and crafts interiors for some of the finest hotels with brands including Taj, Accor, IHG and Hilton Worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of a growing creative team, you will be an integral designer that will be exposed to all aspects of design projects from research, concept generation and visualisation, as well as client meetings.
As a highly motivated team player of our established studio, the successful applicant will need to be a proactive person with a positive attitude that is able to be a strong contributor to our experience driven design approach that will shape how we live, travel and experience new possibilities enabled by new technologies.
Skills and experience:
Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial. We welcome applications from candidates who have their own right to work within the UK. In certain circumstances and where we are able to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test, we may be able to sponsor a tier two (general) visa.
- a creative force, always on the pulse of what is happening and sharing inspiring and thoughtful references to provide strategic direction to the leadership team
- critical thinker and able to work across a number of sectors from transportation to product design
- carry out design and lifestyle research and analyse markets
- create the CMF vision for programmes and ensure that all materials and finishes are production feasible
- generate concepts, develop and implement all CMF for transportation projects
- manage and track CMF for the programme, with ongoing communication of product development with clients and manufacturers
- working with the international suppliers to develop designs from concept through to production master samples for all CMF items
- 2D design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- 3D design skills (3D visualisation)
- should be well organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- design for production; passionate about how products are made with working knowledge of production processes (particularly textiles) and materials
- the candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join a fast-paced environment
- contribute to a culture of collaboration, share skills across teams and work well as part of a diverse team
- Adobe Photoshop – essential
- Adobe Illustrator – essential
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Excel
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio via the apply for job button below with the subject line ‘CMF Designer at JPA Design‘.
All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 20MB. Website portfolios are acceptable.
If any of the above items are not included, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
We review all applications submitted, however, due to the number of applicants, we can only reply to successful candidates.
Thank you for your interest in JPA Design.