Junior/intern product designer
London, United Kingdom
We are a London based creative furniture company designing and manufacturing commercial furniture throughout the UK. We are currently a small company of ten people but are growing quickly and have ambitious growth plans for 2017 and beyond. We’re 50% owned by one of London’s largest commercial property companies. We work closely with the Plc and are based in the same office complex in Kennington, London, SW9. We have our own small manufacturing facility in London, SW18. This allows us to fast track products from conceptual design to manufacture quickly.
We’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic junior product designer to work within our design studio in Kennington Park, London, SW9. You must be self-motivated, creative and passionate about furniture design. A good sense of humour is also a must!
Initially, we believe the role to be temporary. We do however believe that this could lead to a full-time role, along with potential promotion and expansion opportunities within the creative and design side of the business.
This is a fantastic role for someone to grow experience in all areas of furniture design and production.
- provide renders of existing products for specification documentation
- writing specification sheets for existing and new products
- renders for new products in different finishes
- designs, drawings and renders for bespoke products
- feasibility studies, research, conceptual designs, drawings and renders for new products
- space plans for new enquiries
- improve and organise the cad cell library (for internal use and customers and partners)
- product design qualification/experience in furniture product design
- full understanding and experience of product design software (Rhino, Solidworks or other)
- passion/interest in furniture design
- six-month contract
- place of work:Kennington, London, SW9
- salary: £18k
- holidays and other benefits: To be agreed
Application deadline: 17 April 2017