There is an opportunity at jvantspijker & partners for an experienced urban designer to join its office in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Jvantspijker & partners is a young and fast-growing Rotterdam office for urban design and architecture, working in major national and international projects.
We are looking for an experienced urban planner for 32-40 hours a week.
In this position you will work with design teams on urban development projects in various scales. As an urban designer you get a great deal of responsibility for the projects you work on. You collaborate with a nice team of colleagues on different aspects of the design and construction process.
Do you share our mission to create people-friendly, warm urban environments? If so, you may be the energetic, talented and inquisitive urban designer who can enforce our team with fresh design power.
- design and coordinate design
- do research into related subjects
- draw by hand and digitally (2D and 3D)
- create presentations (Adobe/render programs)
- make study and presentation models
- attend meetings with advisors and/or clients
- are enthusiastic, have a hands-on mentality, and you are flexible
- have a master’s degree in architecture and/or urban planning
- have at least five years of experience as an urban designer
- live in (or are willing to move to) the Rotterdam area
- are experienced in Adobe CS, SketchUp, AutoCAD and preferably also BIM
- have experience with model building and have fun with it
- are a great communicator and involve into meetings with third parties
- speak English
What we offer:
- salary based on the CAO architecture firms
- a pleasant working atmosphere in an international team
- multidisciplinary collaborations
- large national, international and varying projects
- space for own initiatives and ideas
Interested? Send your application with CV, portfolio and motivation until June 3rd, 2019 using the ‘apply’ link below.
Curious? Take a look at our website.