Karakusevic Carson Architects is seeking a BIM assistant to join its team in London.
Karakusevic Carson Architects is an award winning social and public housing specialist studio working on major public sector commissions. We are looking for a BIM assistant to join our in-studio BIM team.
The BIM Assistant is a support role to our two BIM managers, and will work alongside them to roll out BIM strategy expanding, improving, and streamlining BIM delivery on all projects within the studio.
We are looking for a candidate who may have either technologist or architectural training with a passion for BIM and its capabilities within a design led environment.
- creating and maintaining project-specific and office-wide content
- monitoring and streamlining models
- developing and implementing workflows within and beyond Revit
- actively engaging with design teams to troubleshoot and to ensure best practices are followed
- training staff in Revit and related architectural software
- promoting Revit and continuous learning across the studio
- assisting project teams with 3D coordination, energy analysis, interoperability, and BIM led other workflows
Key requirements for the role:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or design
- two to five years’ of professional work experience primarily utilizing Revit
- previous experience utilizing Revit in UK project, preferably in the residential sector
- knowledge of architectural design and architectural drawing set production and 3D coordination
- expert Revit user, with advanced knowledge of the Family Editor, with a portfolio demonstrating this work
- experience with one or more of the following: Dynamo, Revit API, python or other coding languages, adaptive components and Navisworks
- knowledge of rendering software (Lumion, Enscape,3d Studio, Maxwell, Blender and VRay) also desirable
- enjoys organised, structured workflows with a detail orientated approach to working processes
- ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects at different stages
- excellent communicator
- enjoys working alongside teams but can also work independently
This is a full time position based in our design studio in Hoxton, although we are currently working remotely.
We are an equal opportunities employer and offer a vibrant and progressive workplace that thrives on shared ideas and collaboration.
Please send applications via the ‘apply’ link below. Applications should not be larger than 15mb.