Karakusevic Carson Architects is seeking a bids and communications manager to join its practice in London.
Karakusevic Carson Architects is an award winning and design focused practice specialising in public sector work and social housing. This portfolio in the public sector requires all appointments to be sourced through a form of public procurement and we are seeking a highly organised, creative and disciplined individual who can manage bid submissions and new business in the practice.
The role requires a strategic understanding of business development and bid activity within the architectural sector. The role also requires an exceptional level of writing skill and of graphic output that can be tailored to meet varying brief requirements.
We seek someone with the ability to interpret briefs to create appropriate, visually engaging and winning responses.
- seeking out tendering opportunities in journals and procurement listings
- following up on leads created by the studio partner and directors
- co-ordinating bid responses from across the studio and the wider consultant team
- writing, editing and proofing texts
- creating and submitting all bid responses in appropriate formats to brief requirements
- management of bid programmes
- maintaining archival information of all relevant submission documents, records, company information and previous answers
- maintaining company profile information on online procurement portals and accreditation platforms
- development of bid strategy and best practice
- skilled working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- a highly skilled level of professional English and understanding of architectural language with an ability to write appropriately for varied outputs
- a precise attention to detail
- a key understanding of messaging and brand identity in a new business environment
- good research and analytical skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a larger diverse and vibrant studio team
- ability to manage and appraise own working practices
- a self-disciplined proactivity and confidence
- ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task
- a positive and professional outlook with a problem-solving attitude
- minimum of three years’ experience in a new business environment in architecture or the built environment
- proven experience handling EOIs, RFIs, PQQs, ITTs, OJEUs, and other public sector procurement routes
We are an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.