KAST Architects is hiring an architect to join its team in Cornwall, UK.
KAST Architects is looking for an exceptional Part 3 qualified architect with up to five years’ post-qualification experience to join its practice in Truro, Cornwall.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious designer with strong technical, detailing and job running skills and a diligent work ethic to join our studio to work on a growing portfolio of one-off private houses, social housing, cultural buildings and education projects in the South West of England. We are a small but growing practice, so the role will be varied and will cross all RIBA work stages.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- a strong design portfolio demonstrating excellent detail and technical knowledge
- a proven job-runner with on-site experience
- excellent written and spoken English and an ability to communicate with clients, consultants and contractors
- ability to contribute as part of a team but also be proactive and work individually
- a dedication to low environmental impact architecture
- excellent presentation skills with a keen eye for visual quality
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines
- be passionate about architecture and design, with a desire to learn and to progress in a supportive environment
- excellent computer draughting and 3D modelling skills (Vectorworks, BIM, SketchUp, Photoshop and V-Ray skills will be a bonus)
- full UK/EU driving license
- must like dogs
The position will be studio based in Cornwall.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following via the apply for job button below:
- a brief summary in the email of the position you are applying for, and why you would like to work with us
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV
- a PDF portfolio of maximum of 10MB showcasing your work, including images and text
KAST Architects is an equal opportunities employer and a B Corp certified practice. Applications will be assessed on merit and we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented minority groups. The practice puts the wellbeing of its staff first, with an emphasis on work/life balance, flexible working hours to suit personal needs, a nine day working fortnight and financial backing to support personal professional development.
Salary will be aligned with the RIBA Salary Guide for practice size, region and experience, and will lie within the range of £30,000 to £34,000 plus bonuses and pension.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 20 May, with interviews in early June. We are hoping for a start as soon as is practical thereafter, although flexibility may be possible for the right applicant.
No agencies please.