KC+A architects seek an accomplished senior architect to join its friendly team at director level in London.
The position will be a leadership role taking practice level responsibilities for design, management and business development. We are recruiting as part of our succession plan and there is genuine opportunity for the right candidate to step up and become one of the practice principles.
Our design-led work includes a rewarding mix of medium to large scale projects and encompasses affordable and private housing, mixed-use schemes, student housing and later living, community uses, heritage buildings and urban design.
We are an established purpose-driven practice committed to making better places for people to live, work and play. Our plans to advance this mission and continue to thrive and grow, as we emerge from these challenging times, remain ambitious.
If you are an associate or director, looking for progression and a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.
- contribute to the implementation & regular update of the practice business plan
- ensure design quality across all relevant projects
- manage resources and programmes to ensure profitability against fees
- grow and lead the team to achieve the desired culture, capability and quality
- undertake a range of business development activities in collaboration with the practice principal
- identify and pursue new business opportunities
- develop thought leadership in our area of practice including potentially research, conference attendance and joining appropriate industry forums
Skills and experience:
- RIBA registered with a minimum of ten years’ post Part 3 work experience in the UK
- experience in a leadership role working at associate or director level
- an established professional network
- excellent presentation skills
- excellent communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
- excellent design & problem-solving skills
- experience in managing teams and workflows
- experience in affordable & private housing-led schemes in London & the south east
- all-round professional experience in planning and delivery work stages 0-7
- detailed knowledge and experience of UK Planning & Building Regulations
- competent in: REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite, in a Windows environment
- enthusiasm and a desire to continue to learn and develop
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- excellent prospects for carrier advancement and training
- a key role in designing brighter futures
- potential to step up and become a practice principal
Please apply with:
- a short cover letter confirming the above skills and experience & explaining why you feel you would be a good fit at KC+A (applications with no cover letter will not be considered)
- a CV/summary portfolio (maximum ten pages)
- contact details of two referees
- proof of the right to work in the UK
Designing brighter futures
KC+A architects is an equal opportunities employer governed by our comprehensive in-house policy. We value the creative potential which individuals from diverse backgrounds and with differing skills and abilities, bring to the architectural profession.
We regret that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.