Kelly Wearstler is seeking a senior interior designer to join its team in Los Angeles.
Kelly Wearstler is looking for a senior interior designer with experience in luxury hotels, restaurants and high-end residential projects to join our Los Angeles-based team. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated and meticulous individual who is able to lead a strong design team and act in a project management role.
- this person should be able to collaborate seamlessly with clients, as well as other designers, architects, contractors, fabricators, artisans, and developers on multiple projects
- responsible for material sourcing and specification, custom furniture design, visual research, furniture sourcing, graphic and visual presentations, in addition to maintaining budgets and project timelines
- creating project documentation including the submission of a full drawing set, specification writing, schedules, and construction administration (submittal, RFI, ASI/IDSK review/response and consultant coordination)
Desired skills and experience:
- eight to ten years of experience in interiors or architecture and a degree from an accredited school
- passion for design and an eye for detail
- excellent hand sketching and rendering ability
- knowledge of the full design process including concept, schematic, design development, construction documentation, construction administration, procurement, and installation
- high proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), SketchUp and Microsoft Office Suite
- LEED accreditation a plus
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to adapt to the daily needs of the design team
Please send all resumes and portfolios using the ‘apply’ link below.