Kennedy Woods Architecture is looking for an architectural technician to join its studio in London.
Kennedy Woods Architecture is seeking an experienced architectural technician with a minimum of 15 years’ industry experience to assist on a variety of commercial projects.
Who you are
You are a technically-minded designer who is passionate about construction and who enjoys the challenge of taking concepts through to delivery stages.
You enjoy working within a team, and able to support others by sharing technical knowledge and insight to further their understanding.
You are naturally highly organised, fastidious about detail, and enjoy complex problem-solving.
- preparing drawing packages and specification documentation suitable for tendering and construction purposes, as well as help providing coordination with consultants and contractors
- research into construction methods and detailing
- assisting generally with site coordination and response to contractor requests for technical matters
Who we are
Kennedy Woods Architecture is an interdisciplinary creative studio that works across architecture, design, strategy and storytelling to deliver projects of social value. We work in a light-filled studio in the Bussey Building, two minutes from Peckham Rye overground station, in south London.
We believe a strong culture is the key to achieving fulfilment, producing great work and building lasting relationships. Ours is based upon the following values, which are at the heart of everything we do.
- put yourself in the other person’s shoes
- communicate simply and clearly
- be open, inclusive, and approachable
- produce work of social value that solves real problems
- be optimistic, and inspire others to be courageous
- rigorously question assumptions throughout the design process
- always strive to be ambitious, innovative and explorative
- bring engagement, energy and intensity
- be a Gyshido-san
We want to hear from you if:
- you share our values
- you believe in the social responsibility of design
- your interests are broader than just architecture
What we can offer:
- salary £38,000-£45,000 depending on experience
- good work/life balance with no work-late culture
- a variety of projects at different scales and sectors, including education, housing, and healthcare, £1M-£5M in contract value
- be part of a supportive and collaborative team
Technical capabilities and experience
- 15 plus years’ UK industry experience
- highly proficient in AutoCAD
- good knowledge of planning and building regulations
- excellent design and spatial planning skills
- highly organised, with good time-management
- strong understanding of detailing and delivery of tender packages
- experience in specification writing
- experience of interior projects also beneficial
- excellent written and spoken English
- confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and project consultants
How to apply
Please submit a CV and portfolio of recent work using the ‘apply’ link below.
Instead of adapting a generic cover letter, please provide four 140 character responses to the following questions:
- who are you? What is your story?
- what’s your favourite aspect of your current job and why?
- what changes would you make to the architectural profession and why?
If you aren’t interested but know someone who might be, we are offering a £200 sign-up fee to anyone who recommends a successful applicant. Please remember to state why you think they would be the perfect match!
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom