Kennedy Woods Architecture is seeking a senior architect to join its team in London.
Senior architect needed for a job-running role at a creative design studio.
Who you are
You are a confident, driven, optimistic designer who sees the ability to work together with other people as the key to successful projects, and are interested in creating a positive impact in the world through built projects.
You are a free-thinker who takes initiative, enjoys autonomy within the framework of a brief, and can develop a line of conceptual thinking. You are a competent designer with an understanding of processes and construction, who enjoys grappling with different scales, and can work outside of their past experience.
You pride yourself on your ability to communicate ideas through images, drawings and writing and are highly particular about detail, but not precious. You are able to understand how to adapt communication to suit different audiences (most importantly, non-architects), and enjoy being inventive with the tools and media you use to make communication engaging and inspiring.
You aren’t tied to any particular style, instead, you like to find suitable responses grounded in a real context, challenges, or tensions you discover in a brief. Despite this, you have a strong aesthetic sense and appreciate clarity, simplicity, and innovation in design.
Who we are
Kennedy Woods Architecture is an interdisciplinary creative studio that works across architecture, design, strategy and storytelling to deliver projects of social value. We work in a light-filled studio in the Bussey Building, two minutes from Peckham Rye overground station, in south London.
We believe a strong culture is the key to achieving fulfilment, producing great work and building lasting relationships. Ours is based upon the following values, which are at the heart of everything we do.
- put yourself in the other person’s shoes
- communicate simply and clearly
- be open, inclusive, and approachable
- produce work of social value that solves real problems
- be optimistic, and inspire others to be courageous
- rigorously question assumptions throughout the design process
- always strive to be ambitious, innovative and explorative
- bring engagement, energy and intensity
- be a Gyshido-san
We want to hear from you if:
- you share our values
- you believe in the social responsibility of design
- your interests are broader than just architecture
- you are interested in design thinking
- you’re fired-up by this job ad
What we can offer:
- starting salary in line with RIBA pay guides
- good work/life balance with no work-late culture
- job-running responsibility on a variety of projects at different scales and sectors
- professional development plan and support
- be part of an exciting, growing start-up
- join a thriving creative community in Peckham
Technical capabilities and experience
- highly proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- ability to competently model and render in 3D (SketchUp/V-Ray preferable)
- five years post qualification UK office experience, ideally across planning and construction work stages
How to apply
Please submit a CV, portfolio of recent work using the ‘apply’ link below. Instead of adapting a generic cover letter, please provide four 140 character responses to the following questions:
- who are you? What is your story?
- what’s your favourite aspect of your current job and why?
- what interests you most in the world? (except design/architecture!)
- what changes would you make to Architectural education and why?
Please note, applicants volunteering to work unpaid will have their applications discarded immediately without consideration.
If you aren’t interested but know someone who might be, we are offering a £250 sign-up fee to anyone who recommends a successful applicant. Please remember to state why you think they would be the perfect match!