Kevin Kelly Architects is seeking a part 2/computational designer to join its team in London.
Kevin Kelly Architects (KKA) is a LGBTQ+ led architecture and design studio known for weaving compelling narratives through innovative design. Located in the heart of Shoreditch, we are expanding our team and looking for a passionate junior designer to contribute to our dynamic portfolio, which includes projects for clients like The Royal Albert Hall, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew and the Irish Government.
We are keen to hear from a full spectrum of designers skilled in digital tools as we believe diversity makes our work stronger.
As a junior designer at KKA, you will:
- create well-organised and professional 3D digital models
- collaborate and coordinate with external consultants and specialists using digital tools
- engage with bespoke workflows across multiple software platforms, including common data environments and referenced resource pools
- support mid-level and senior project runners by contributing positively and meaningfully to multiple projects simultaneously
- explore and innovate within our data-based modelling environments, aligning with our studio’s ethos of curiosity, innovation and surprise
We’re looking for candidates who:
- have a minimum of two years’ demonstrable experience in UK projects
- are proficient in Revit and Rhino, with a solid understanding of the Adobe suite
- possess strong presentation skills and excellent written and spoken English
- exhibit curiosity and creativity, with a natural aptitude for learning new digital tools and techniques
- are eager to explore data-based modelling environments
- having some familiarity with Grasshopper and/or Python is an advantage
- can work flexibly, with excellent time management skills, both in a team and independently
- have some experience liaising with sub-consultants, fabricators and contractors
- demonstrate a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion across all aspects of professional practice
What we offer
- engaging, exciting and innovative projects
- a commitment to your professional and personal development through both in-house and external training
- a flexible and collaborative work environment, with options for hybrid working
- 28 days annual leave per year, plus a competitive salary
- a collaborative working environment that values diversity, innovation and creativity and encourages growth
- a competitive salary reflective of experience and skill
To apply, please submit your CV and portfolio via the ‘apply for job’ button below.
Please do not email or send attachments directly.
We may carry out an assessment in relevant software as part of the selection process.
Include your salary expectations and availability in the application.
No recruiters, please.
Kevin Kelly Architects is committed to promoting diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We value natural aptitude in digital realms and a willingness to engage meaningfully with new tools and processes. If you’re ready to contribute to a team that shapes compelling architectural narratives through innovative design and technology, we’d love to hear from you.
We will endeavour to reply to all applicants as we appreciate your time and effort in applying. However, we may not be able to respond to each candidate individually. We look forward to hearing from you.