Mid-weight interior designer
KIBRE is seeking a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in London.
Title: interior designer
Salary: £30 – £35k
Location: Southwark, London
KIBRE is an interior design studio based in London and Surrey. We work across a range of disciplines including, but not limited to, residential, commercial and built-to-rent properties. Our scope includes the design, selection and sourcing of vintage items, to carry out the interior design, styling and installation of projects.
We are looking for a highly competent mid-weight interior designer to join our expanding team.
In this position you will support the senior design team responsible for multiple projects simultaneously from initial concept through to development, coordination, documentation and on-site execution.
KIBRE have a beautiful office on the Southbank just a short walk from Waterloo station, where the role will be primarily based but nationwide travel will be required to visit projects.
- to prepare and develop with the team: drawings, models, images, material and moodboards and other documents based on the project deliverables
- create and manage schedules of interior spec and finishes
- design tasks may include, but are not limited to; developing designs, 3D modelling, elevation renderings, moodboard creation, CAD drawings, image research, materials and furniture sourcing
- under the supervision of a senior designer, assist in the creation of quality timely sets of drawings, specifications, budgets and reports
- attend all design team meetings, site meetings and sub-contractor visits, taking and issuing notes where required
- setting up and maintaining project files and folders
- to take responsibility for the development of the design and to liaise with members of the external design team and other associated companies, and communicate progress where required
- source new products and finishes on an ongoing basis
- work closely with the rest of the team to ensure a cohesive project is delivered
Qualities and skills required
- legally able to work in the UK
- a minimum of three year’s experience working on residential and/or hospitality focused projects
- strong AutoCAD experience
- an industry recognised diploma or degree in interior design, interior architecture or architecture – ideally in spatial design
- able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- good sketching abilities
- able to model in 3D such as SketchUp
- excellent organisational skills
- able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- use the following with experience and confidence:
- MS Office
- Adobe Suite
- understand the financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- experience in lighting and relevant brands
- experience using Estimac