KIBRE is hiring a senior interior designer to join its firm in London.
KIBRE is a UK-based interior design studio, creating characterful and refined interiors for HNW clients, hospitality and large-scale residential projects across the UK, covering all aspects of interior design. KIBRE specialises in interior design, FF&E specification and in house logistics and installation.
We are looking for a very competent senior interior designer who wants to be part of a friendly, dynamic team and work in a stimulating studio environment. The role will require the individual to work on a mix of residential projects. We have dedicated CAD, logistics and procurement support in house.
The candidate must be capable of working on all phases of a project with a strong focus on FF&E. We are looking for candidates who have hospitality and residential interior design experience and are team-players with a passion for design, detail and quality.
The senior interior designer will report to the creative director on tasks and deliverables. They will be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered in a timely manner, and to the highest of standards. The role will be supported by the wider design team.
- oversee interior design projects, ensuring deliverables are me
- alongside the creative director, communicate a clear brief for each project and assist in the assignment of responsibility
- assist in developing the studio’s creative direction
- prepare, and develop with the team where required, presentations, drawings, models, images, material and mood boards, and other documents relating to the design process
- liaise with clients directly ensuring all information is issued in a timely manner and problems solved where required
- take responsibility for the development of the design and the project, with input from external advisors in charge for key project stages
- liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies, and communicate progress where required
- to assist in the general day to day running of the company, as required
Qualities and skills required:
- a minimum of eight years’ post-BA or diploma working on residential and/or hospitality focused projects
- a strong understanding of FF&E and interior design
- have strong FF&E selection and sourcing skills with the ability to put together comprehensive project packages
- able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- extremely competent producer of detailed drawings, specifications and schedules
- excellent presentation, conceptual and visualising skills
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- able to manage and deliver jobs on time to the highest of standards from conception to completion
- experience with designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting and fixed finishes
- able to lead site meetings and be a representative of the client and company
- on-site experience
- strong client communication skills
- have a passion and interest in the trends of design
- have a thorough understanding and knowledge of materials, furniture, finishes and lighting design
- fluent in written and spoken English
- applicant must hold a full UK driving license
- experienced user of EstiMac
- proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft office
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the business may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.