Kim Partridge Interiors is seeking a senior interior designer/interior architect to join its team in London.
Kim Partridge Interiors is hiring a senior interior designer/interior architect to join its studio based at Battersea Power Station in London. We’re a close-knit team working on luxury hospitality and high-end residential projects.
We are looking for a highly creative senior interior designer/interior architect with six plus years’ experience to join us on a full time permanent basis to work on a range of prestigious and exciting projects.
Reporting to the company partners, you’ll be responsible for running projects from concept to completion and overseeing a small team. You’ll be assisting creatively on projects alongside directors and taking responsibility for the production of all drawings for the project. You will understand the contractual obligations between the designer, contractor and the client.
- oversee large, or multiple smaller projects simultaneously and take responsibility for the project team
- create detailed technical specifications and drawings, including floor plans, bespoke installations, joinery, internal elevations and architectural details for all stages including tender packages
- track all details of the design to ensure documents and drawings from all parties are up-to-date, coordinated and costed
- liaise with MEP consultants to ensure seamless interface with the interior design package and oversee co-ordination through the project
- review and comment on technical design aspects of the project
- attend site meetings and liaise with consultants ensuring timely delivery and high standards of design for the project
- assist creatively on projects from concept to completion alongside directors and associates
Experience and skills:
- a degree in interior design or interior architecture
- six plus years’ professional and proven experience
- strong skills in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft word. Esti helpful but not essential, training can be given
- proven experience producing detailed drawing packages, schedules and specifications
- good knowledge of FF&E, joinery and construction detailing
- creative problem solving and attention to detail
- confident to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- good knowledge of finishes and materials
- working Knowledge of UK building systems, regulation and construction methods
- excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- excellent communication and presentation skills in English – verbal, written and visual
- ability to travel to sites in the UK and overseas – Full UK driving licence
Salary to be discussed upon experience (you’ll be paid competitively, respected and treated fairly).
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays with accruing a day’s holiday for every year of service after two years up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and PDF portfolio via the apply for job button below along with a covering letter stating your salary expectations and availability. If you are among the successful candidate you will receive an email to schedule and interview. If you don’t hear from us then unfortunately your application will not have been successful at this time.
Application closing date 30 May 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you.