Kingfisher is seeking a mechanical design engineer to join its team in London.
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
We develop our own products on a deep understanding of our customer needs. Created by our in-house design team or in collaboration with our suppliers, we use our expert knowledge and scale as a means of differentiation to create the best solutions for our customers.
As part of our product design team, you will be based in our Paddington office
- work alongside industrial designers to develop design solutions that optimise function, value and manufacturability of products
- support projects in all stages of the product development, from initial idea to tooling
- provide technical expertise in the development of products and solutions either internally or in co-development with a manufacturer
- use CAD software to create and review detailed designs and drawings
- ensure that technical design is fit for purpose, feasible and designed to cost targets
- creation of rapid-prototypes to validate concepts and test mechanical solutions
- work with manufacturers to ensure that design intent is kept and the project is delivered on time
- identify manufacturing constraints such as industrialisation lead-time and tools investment at an early stage
- strong communication skills and collaborative approach – ability to negotiate
- good understanding of DFM and FEA of consumer products
- high level CAD user
- ability to communicate technical detail to all stakeholders
- excellent communicator both verbally and graphically
Qualifications and experience:
- a degree in a relevant engineering, product development discipline or equivalent
- relevant experience as a mechanical design engineer, product engineer
- experience in high-volume plastic, metal and flatline manufacturing processes
What can we offer you:
- competitive salary
- company bonus
- award winning pension scheme
- discount at B&Q
- Bupa healthcare (up to family cover)
We are passionate about our people, which is why we are committed to delivering 5 million hours of training by 2025.
We recognise your hard work and will support your career goals.
As a business we want to play our part to help restore and grow forests, which is why we have recently announced our partnership with the Rainforest Alliance. They will help us achieve our goal of becoming forest positive by 2025.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you.