Kinnersley Kent Design is looking for an interior designer to join its team in Dubai, UAE.
Kinnersley Kent Design is an award-winning creative studio based in London and Dubai. The studio creates interiors and branded environments across retail, workplace, hospitality and residential sectors with a portfolio spanning UK, Europe, Middle East, USA and Asia.
We are looking to recruit an interior designer for our Dubai studio. Ideally, applicants should have a minimum of three years’ post-graduating interior architecture or interior design experience across retail, hospitality and workplace projects. The ideal candidate must demonstrate an intellectual approach to their work, a global design perspective, and a sensitivity to materials and detailing.
Responsibilities will include:
- working within a multicultural studio environment
- focusing on high-end retail, workplace and hospitality projects
- development of concept, schematic and detailed design packages
- reviewing contractor’s shop drawings, samples and mock-ups
- site attendance with senior team
- assisting in the coordination of all project information
- hand sketching skills a prerequisite
- AutoCAD (Mac or PC) essential, min of one 3D modelling software, e.g. SketchUp, 3DMax, Rhino required and BIM knowledge and advantage
This role is for a creative designer, along with a skill set to include strong attention to detail, being a team player and equally confident in using your initiative. Experience in an international creative studio is desirable. Our studio is a relaxed environment yet highly professional and the daily demands are ever-changing; therefore, an ability to multi-task is essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer, celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion amongst our staff. Candidates must be eligible to work in Dubai and ideally be available for an interview at short notice. Previous experience in the GCC region is an advantage.
If this sounds like the studio for you, please send in your CV, expected monthly salary (AED) and a portfolio link (not as an attachment). Please include sketching, research and any student project work; the thought process and demonstrated evidence of this is critical to any successful selection for an interview.
We anticipate a high volume of applications, so regretfully will only be able to respond to candidates selected for interview.