Kinnersley Kent Design is searching for mid-weight/senior interior designers/architects to join its studio in Dubai, UAE.
About Kinnersley Kent Design (KKD)
An independent, creative studio specialising in interiors, graphics and branding. We work across a wide range of sectors designing shopping malls, restaurants, cafés, hotels, workplace, fashion and food retail.
KKD’s philosophy is to put the customer at the heart of everything we do, combining strategic insight, knowledge and expertise with creative instinct.
Who we are looking for
You are a naturally creative person with a passion for design, especially retail and hospitality design and have a proven track record. The key focus will be to produce innovative, creative interior design concepts for a variety of project briefs.
We are searching for enthusiastic, creative interior designers/architects who are able to communicate their ideas skillfully and professionally. Engaging with, and presenting to clients, you will be part of our design team and helping drive our direction in a new wave of challenging high profile projects.
Responsibilities throughout all phases of the design process – from concept creation and development, production of design drawing packs and schedules and being involved in site delivery.
Ultimately we are looking for candidates that aspire to create great places and are keen to progress their career with an established design practice.
Essential skills and experience:
- minimum of five years’ post-graduate experience in retail and/or hospitality design
- strong conceptual design approach
- proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- proven organisational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects across various phases
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities, design and technical
- strong ability to demonstrate thought process and ideas through hand sketching, diagrams, etc.
- strong experience in the management and implementation of a design concept within a team environment through completion that meets tight schedule and budget
- excellent client service skills and ability to eloquently present concepts and ideas
- represent and manage design coordination between clients and consultants
- supervise, develop and mentor junior designers
- observe and communicate trends in the hospitality and retail market
Must have a degree in interior design/interior architecture and eligibility to work in the UAE.
Please ensure that you enclose a CV and relevant examples of work that demonstrates your full range of design skills (sketch studies, thought process, final design, technical drawings), also stating why you believe you are suitable for the position. Please include your salary expectations.