Senior urban designer
at Kjellander Sjöberg Architects
Kjellander Sjöberg Architects is looking for an experienced senior urban designer to join its studio in London.
Kjellander Sjöberg Architects (KS) is seeking an experienced senior urban designer or architect who is highly skilled at developing, managing and coordinating large-scale creative neighbourhood visions and masterplans to work on high profile public and private sector projects in the UK. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the leading urban design discourse and practice in the UK and more widely in Europe, and a range of experience including large scale mixed-use regeneration projects. Candidates with an architectural background that maintain an active interest in architecture will be strongly welcomed.
KS is a creative team of energetic, curious, and highly skilled architects and urban designers with studios in Stockholm, Malmö and London. Our award-winning transformative architecture and urbanism is about creating places in which communities thrive. We aim to bring the best of Scandinavian innovation, design and environmental intelligence to the UK, to realise the social and economic value of each project in tangible and practical ways. We approach architecture and creative masterplans in a very granular way to realise places and spaces that are meaningful, relatable and enjoyed at human scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the London studio as it establishes itself, with opportunities to be a part of shaping the practice’s evolution in the UK. We have a collaborative, informal work environment and a strong team spirit in which camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued. KS London collaborates closely with the Swedish studios in Stockholm and Malmö.
Candidates must demonstrate exceptional skills in design, quality control, coordination and management with a high attention to detail. Candidates must also have good graphic, communication, organisational and software skills, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, with the ability to coordinate and work within multi-disciplinary teams. Responsibilities include effective management of the studio project design team which may include working remotely with colleagues in Sweden. The ability to communicate confidently and authoritatively with clients, stakeholders and consultants is essential. A ‘can-do’ and entrepreneurial outlook will be considered an important asset to the evolution of the London studio.
Skills and attributes:
- urban design or architecture qualification and four to six years related experience
- strong analytical skills (visual perception, document review and data gathering and analysis)
- the ability to convey and/or illustrate new ideas both independently and in collaboration
- the ability to create programs, work to deadlines and manage budgets
- proficiency in various production platforms and tools to support graphic production including 3D modelling software:
- AutoCAD and Rhino or SketchUp
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- (expertise in Autodesk Revit is beneficial)
- proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- excellent communication skills (verbal, freehand sketching and presentation), including fluent spoken and written English
- a positive and po-active engagement in the development of the London studio
- right to work in the UK
Send your application to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Senior urban designer – London’.
Submit with the subject title ‘Senior urban designer – London’ via the apply for job button below.
Include a CV, portfolio and cover letter detailing why you think you would be suited for the role.
The applications deadline is 17 February 2023 – applications will be actively reviewed upon receipt and application submissions are recommended as soon as possible in advance of this date.
We have a consciously inclusive culture and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.