KKM Architects is looking for two RIBA Part 1 or Part 2 architectural assistants to join its practice in West Hampstead, London.
Our constantly expanding workload offers an excellent opportunity for a Part 1 and Part 2 assistants to join our team, gain plenty of practice experience and receive support towards continuing their studies.
The successful candidate will work within a team and contribute on projects ranging in scale and across a variety of sectors including residential, mixed use and community.
The practice is involved in a variety of projects providing the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their skills across a wide range of areas within the profession and grow their career with us in the long term. As many projects are focused on residential design it is helpful for applicants have experience in this field and in working first hand with National Planning Policy Standards and the London Plan.
Skills and experience required:
- good command of written English is a must
- proficiency in Vectorworks is essential: please note candidates without a working understanding will not be considered
- good skills using SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- knowledge of rendering packages advantageous (such as V-Ray)
- highly motivated with excellent communication, numeration and organisational skills
- the ability to work within a team and independently
- knowledge of the UK building regulations, National Plan Policy Framework and the London Plan (Part 2)
- minimum 12 months’ experience in practice (Part 2)
- assisting the team in the day to day running of the business
- preparation of drawings and information for planning submission and post-planning
- create relevant documents in support of planning applications
- detailed drawings for tender packages (Part 2)
- liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
How to apply
Applications should be made using the ‘apply’ link below. Please state the role you’re applying for in your application.
Please include a CV, a relevant selection of work (up to 10MB) and state your availability. Successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days. Salary dependent on experience
No agencies please.