Koichi Takada Architects is looking for a senior project architect to join its team in Sydney.
Koichi Takada Architects is a young and innovative firm characterised by its design ambition, teamwork and emphasis of technology to revolutionise the way we work. We strive in an environment which cultivates creativity, ambition, and dedication to form a unified team and encourage the development of innovative designs. We are continuously looking to develop our capabilities and deliver cutting-edge design and services through the introduction of various design technologies to facilitate the way we work and foster a creative and constructive team environment where our people can develop their professional skills, personal goals and have opportunities for long-term career progression.
Our Sydney office is now heading up its 10th year and continuously expanding our national as well as international presence. We are now seeking an experienced and motivated senior project architect to join our Sydney office
Duties may include
- working collaboratively with Koichi Takada and the executive team in the development of projects
- leading the delivery of landmark projects
- communication and liaison with clients and consultant team
- management of project team
- technical production of drawing sets and quality assurance checks
- strong leadership skills
- strong conceptual and design skills
- strong project management skills
- strong construction documentation and detailing skills
- client management and project coordination skills
- ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effective time management
- ability to drive project and take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- flexible and adaptable approach to new ways of working
- great interpersonal skills and positive approach
- strong work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude
Experience and qualification
- master/bachelors of architecture from recognised university
- minimum 10 years’ experience as an architect
- experience in design and construction from a reputable design firm
- registration is favoured, but not essential
We are dedicated to offering our staff an enjoyable workplace where training, development and staff growth is offered. The job description reflects the core activities of the role however not limited, we are looking for passionate and motivated staff who adopt a flexible approach to work and looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment.
In return you will receive a generous salary, training and development from experienced directors, support from dedicated and committed junior architects, the opportunity to work with amazing clients as well as landmark international and national projects!
How to apply
All applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and portfolio using the form below. No hard copies, please!