Kokoon Tech is looking for a product design engineer to join its firm based in London.
You will play a key role in creating innovative, world-first products, designed to make a positive impact on the world’s sleep and relaxation. You will be working closely within a small and focused cross-functional, in-house product R&D team to bring our new products to life.
Key tasks will include ergonomic design challenges and specifically to develop from concept through to mass production, very comfortable, sensor embedded hearables and other sleep/relaxation focused products. You will be able to work independently within challenging timescales but with an ambition to create truly world-class customer experiences and products.
We are looking for a creative yet methodical individual, grounded in design and engineering methodology and experienced in the challenges and pitfalls of taking (ideally consumer) products through from concept to mass production. The individual will be a good communicator, both verbally and through technical documentation and will be well versed in getting the most from third parties, including globally distributed manufacturing partners.
About Kokoon Tech
Kokoon Tech is an award-winning, venture capital-backed, health and wellness start-up based in London, helping the world relax and sleep easier through audio and data. Their app-based software and sensor-enabled products provide adaptive audio content and coaching, clinically shown to induce and protect relaxation. After shipping their first headphone product in 2018 they have sold over 20,000 units to over 50 countries.
- five + years’ experience as an industrial designer/product or mechanical design engineer
- excellent degree in industrial design or mechanical engineering (or similar)
- proven experience of the full product development life cycle:
- concept generation
- design development (prototyping for test and measurement)
- CMF and detailed specification generation
- factory oversight through to mass production
- excellent CAD skills (Solidworks preferred)
- good knowledge of engineering and design processes
- excellent communication and ability to generate clear project documentation.
- experience working with mass-produced plastic and metal components
- ability to travel to (typically) East Asia during transfer to manufacturing phases of development
Highly desirable skills include:
- experience developing consumer wearable devices/designing for comfort
- experience with soft materials (silicones, fabrics, foams)
Submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below.