Lacoste is offering a footwear development placement in London.
Job title: footwear development intern
Start date: summer 2020
Duration: 12 months
Location: Lacoste PCL – Finchley Central, London
The Lacoste company was founded in 1933 and takes its name from René Lacoste, the world-renowned tennis player and sports enthusiast. René Lacoste did not like the traditional shirts used for tennis and teamed up with André Gillier, the owner of France’s largest knitwear company, to create the knitted cotton piqué shirt that revolutionised the sportswear market.
Each design reflects the brand’s DNA— classic, understated quality and luxury with a sophisticated blend of sports and fashion. These characteristics combine to create a unique style that distinguishes Lacoste footwear from other lifestyle brands. Pentland Brands and Lacoste have joint ownership of the Lacoste footwear business.
- assist the product development team in daily business and administrative tasks e.g. calendar maintenance, data entry, preparation of presentations, the building of material boards and maintenance of the fabric library
- support the product development team with specific parts of the product development process such as style creation, organisation of fittings, comment creation, costing and sample management (including testing)
- work closely with key partners such as factories, design and product team
- support the development team on current projects and own individual projects as assigned e.g. handling of small ranges
Needs to have/ be:
- placement year student
- innovative and creative thinker
- can do, proactive attitude
- proficiency in MS office
- highly motivated team player who enjoys working in an international team
- willingness to learn
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.