Langstaff Day Architects is seeking a part-time studio administrator to join its team in London.
Langstaff Day Architects are a young practice of 14 people looking for a part-time studio administrator to help run the day to day workings of our growing studio.
- be a highly organised individual
- have an excellent command of English
- have a professional telephone manner and exceptional interpersonal skills
- be calm, confident, friendly and – critically-proactive
- be computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign
- have an interest in architecture and design
You tasks will include:
- greeting visitors
- answering incoming phone calls
- organising incoming and outgoing post
- booking and managing meeting rooms
- organising refreshments and lunch for visitors and meetings
- helping to keep the office clean and tidy
- ordering stationery, office equipment and model-making materials and managing studio printer supplies
- ordering weekly groceries
- ensuring compliance with health and safety at work regulations on behalf of the office (organising fire training, organising first aid kits etc.)
- assisting architects with document control duties such as uploading and downloading documents to extranet sites, producing document issue sheets, and performing QA checks of outgoing information
- general administration support for all members of staff including research tasks, producing/binding of project reports and organising printing/mounting/delivery of presentation boards
- supporting the management of diaries for internal and external meetings, especially for the practice partners
- supporting architects compiling sample boards including ordering, storing and returning samples
- assisting with bookkeeping duties such as helping to process payroll, invoicing and payments, filing receipts and reconciling accounts
- managing petty cash
- assisting with marketing tasks such as social media and website updates
- liaising with our IT manager to deal with any IT issues that may arise
- organising social events and activities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We seek to support flexible working arrangements and offer a salary commensurate with experience. Regrettably, we can only contact shortlisted applicants.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, as a PDF below 5MB in size please, detailing relevant experience, key attributes, salary expectations and availability, using the ‘apply’ link below.