Laurence Associates is seeking an architectural technician or technologist to join its team in Cornwall, UK.
We are looking for a technician or technologist to work with us on a full time, permanent basis.
Laurence Associates holds chartered practice status with the RIBA, CIAT and RTPI and are keen to support individual professional development.
We are a unique multidisciplinary planning-led architecture practice based in Cornwall, working across architectural sectors but specialising in bespoke housing design. We are a dynamic team of chartered architects, architectural technologists, landscape architects and town planners that work together closely and collectively to offer our clients a fully integrated approach to development.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated team member to join us with relevant experience in delivering high end residential projects from planning stage through to construction phase.
Key areas of responsibility:
- producing drawings for planning and building applications and detailed tender packages
- producing tender and construction phase drawing packages, and schedules of work
- liaising directly with external consultants e.g. structural and civil/mechanical engineers to obtain specific technical details to include within drawings
- attending on-site meetings and managing queries as required
- keen eye for detail
- strong teamwork and communication skills
- advanced knowledge of detailed technical design and construction methods
- technical: understanding of UK building regulations, LABC, NHBC and associated construction guidance and third-party warranty requirements
- project management: the ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thorough, detailed, accurate drawings
- ability to prepare detailed and fully coordinated working drawing packages within agreed timescales
- managing tender processes: documentation, issuing and analysing
contract administration: understanding and experience in administering building contracts, issuing instructions and dealing with requests for information
- ArchiCAD experience is ideal or experience using 3D drawing software
- relevant industry qualification, ideally CIAT membership or working towards MCIAT
- current eligibility to work in the UK and good written and spoken English
Laurence Associates is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package and flexi-time work patterns.
Salary: £25,000 – £37,500 (negotiable, based on experience and qualifications)
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the apply for job button below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom