Laurence Associates is seeking an architectural technician or technologist to join its team in Cornwall, UK.
We are looking for a technician or technologist to work with us on a full time, permanent basis.
Laurence Associates holds chartered practice status with the RIBA, CIAT and RTPI and are keen to support individual professional development.
We are a unique multidisciplinary planning-led architecture practice based in Cornwall, working across architectural sectors but specialising in bespoke housing design. We are a dynamic team of chartered architects, architectural technologists, landscape architects and town planners that work together closely and collectively to offer our clients a fully integrated approach to development.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated team member to join us with relevant experience in delivering high end residential projects from planning stage through to construction phase.
Key areas of responsibility:
- producing drawings for planning and building applications and detailed tender packages
- producing tender and construction phase drawing packages, and schedules of work
- liaising directly with external consultants e.g. structural and civil/mechanical engineers to obtain specific technical details to include within drawings
- attending on-site meetings and managing queries as required
- keen eye for detail
- strong teamwork and communication skills
- advanced knowledge of detailed technical design and construction methods
- technical: understanding of UK building regulations, LABC, NHBC and associated construction guidance and third-party warranty requirements
- project management: the ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thorough, detailed, accurate drawings
- ability to prepare detailed and fully coordinated working drawing packages within agreed timescales
- managing tender processes: documentation, issuing and analysing
contract administration: understanding and experience in administering building contracts, issuing instructions and dealing with requests for information
- ArchiCAD experience is ideal or experience using 3D drawing software
- relevant industry qualification, ideally CIAT membership or working towards MCIAT
- current eligibility to work in the UK and good written and spoken English
Laurence Associates is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package and flexi-time work patterns.
Salary: £25,000 – £37,500 (negotiable, based on experience and qualifications)
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the apply for job button below.