LDA Design is seeking a content maker to join its communications team.
Our digital channels have grown in spread and influence, and we want to create more conversations and build communities working together for change.
You will also help us to tell our story in fresh ways, to respond quickly to the issues that concern us and engage in growing debate and campaigns about how to shape the world for the better.
This role requires someone passionate and knowledgeable about social media, new trends and engaging digital content creation, as well as how we can create better places for people and for the planet. We would like a quick learner with some knowledge of the road to net zero, climate solutions and sustainable design.
We are looking for an excellent writer with an eye for design, strategy and branded content. You will help to develop exciting digital content for use across our social media channels and develop and maintain a plan for continuous improvement of our website content.
You will help us to raise our media profile and win awards.
Digital vitality – find, create and post timely content for all platforms and develop content plans for each, including video and podcasts, which reflects the breadth of our offer.
Technical expertise – bring and keep abreast of best practice, trends and emerging technologies.
Studio liaison – support our eight studios in generating engaging content, reflecting the diversity of employee owner voices.
New platforms – help us to explore new platforms and technologies and use our existing platforms to further broaden our reach and impact.
Digital champion – support colleagues in thinking about how to use digital in their work, to help share the benefits from our projects.
Digital strategy – help to plan and advise, including taking the website to the next stage.
Communications, media and marketing – a flexible and talented all-rounder, you will provide support within the small communications team as required eg writing and issuing award submissions, press releases, reports and case studies.
- a talented writer with excellent copywriting and editing skills and journalistic enquiry, experienced in producing content for and curating social platforms and websites
- experience of developing strategies for activism and for messaging, brand and editorial tone
- socially and environmentally alert, sharing LDA Design’s values and bringing a strong appetite to shape the world for the better
- insight into built environment issues
- good mentor and collaborator to encourage wider engagement with socials within LDA Design
- a motivated self-starter able to find the story and develop it
- sound political and business judgement
- strong technical experience and software knowledge across all social media platforms and video editing software
- confident using InDesign and Photoshop and website content management systems, able to create illustrations and engaging visuals
- excellent knowledge of SEO and content optimisation
- well organised and meticulous with the ability to manage photo and video shoots
Our hiring process for this role
We’ve designed this process so that the focus is on your qualities and ability to excel in this role and your interest in working at LDA Design. We aren’t reviewing CVs or educational backgrounds for this position. We just want to make sure you have the skills to do the job well.
Initial questions will be marked against set criteria and to remove potential bias, the assessing team won’t know names until the interview stage.
Our questions (Deadline Wednesday 20 December, 10am)
To help us to get to know you, we’ve come up with a few simple questions which shouldn’t take too long. You will also have the opportunity to upload examples of your work. These will be scored anonymously and your email address, for instance, will not be shared until the selection process for this stage has been completed. Successful candidates will be invited for interview. Here’s our questions. Please stay within the word count, thank you.
- describe the work you have done that equips you for this role (300 words max)
- share with us up to three samples of your recent campaigns or social media posts (no more than 3 MB each – please remove any identifying elements)
- now tell us about the impacts they had (350 words max)
- share with us an example of your best writing
- tell us what you like about it and the impact it had (200 words max)
- describe a topical issue within the built environment industry and why it interests you (350 words max)
- what do you like most about the idea of working for LDA Design (250 words max)
First interview (Thursday 11 January 2024)
This will be a short online interview with set questions and lasting around half an hour.
Second interview (Thursday 18 January 2024)
This will be an in-person interview in our London studio. You will be asked to complete a task ahead of this interview.
By the end of January, we hope to have been in touch with all candidates and our chosen candidate will have received an offer of appointment with a February/March start date, depending on period of notice needed.
For this role, we are not accepting applications outside of our online form for the above questions. If you have any questions or problems submitting your answers, please email us. We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
We are open to considering flexible working and are especially keen to receive applications from under-represented groups.
About LDA Design
LDA Design is an independent, 100 per cent employee-owned consultancy of landscape architects, urban designers and planners with a common purpose to make great places and shape the world around us for the better. We follow the principles of first life, then spaces, then buildings and focus on the needs of people affected by change and on creating a balance with nature. LDA Design led the final landscape masterplan and detailed design for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, one of Europe’s most successful new parklands. We have designed and delivered some of the UK’s most challenging public realm projects, including London’s Battersea Power Station and Strand Aldwych in Westminster. Our partnership with Camden has transformed West End streets, carving out new green space and creating a healthier, safer and more pleasant experience for pedestrians and cyclists. The consultancy has received more than 100 awards for contemporary and historic parkland design, urban renewal and historic town centre improvements.