at LEMA UK
LEMA UK is hiring a logistics manager to join its team in London.
Logistics manager (with temporary maternity cover)
LEMA UK is the UK subsidiary of one of the leading Italian furniture companies working in the luxury contract market. We are looking for an experienced site manager to join the exciting contract department.
The contract division is delivering furniture and joinery packages to a range of high-end residential projects primarily for blue chip companies and developers within the London area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all the logistic & after sale activities. This role also includes the temporary cover of the operations manager role for our home division. This is on a temporary basis to provide maternity cover. Duties will include managing the deliveries, logistics and coordinating with the factory in Italy and warehouse in the UK on behalf of the home team.
- managing the international deliveries from EU Suppliers to UK warehouse, including the relevant documentation (packing list, checklist, custom clearance etc.)
- managing deliveries from UK warehouse to sites, including organising loading and offloading at site
- carrying out warehouse inspections to check the correct receipt of the goods at depot, overseeing material quality control and making sure it is at the correct standard
- produce unloading reports
- produce the logistic documentation for the warehouse and site
- update logistic trackers including warehouse stock lists
- identify potential logistics suppliers
- checking the transport & warehouse rates applied from logistics suppliers
- manage any problems that may occur on deliveries
- produce Logistics quotes for the estimating department
- liaising with the client on site, the installation companies and the project management department
- reporting directly to the head of operations
- carry out site check visits in order to assess the issues occurred on site
- discuss and arrange with clients remedial works
- order replacement material from suppliers
- coordinate the site operatives to carry out the customer care activities
- produce sign off document for the remedial works
- experience in a similar role of at least two years
- being assertive and organised
- strong communication skills
- good customer service skills
- being able to work with a team
- proficient in Excel, Word, MS Office and Outlook
- being able to produce detailed and accurate reports
- fluent in Italian will be an advantage but not essential