at LEMA UK
LEMA UK has a vacancy for a site manager to join its team in Edinburgh, Scotland.
LEMA UK is the UK subsidiary of one of the leading Italian furniture companies working in the luxury contract market. We are looking for an experienced site manager to join the exciting contract department.
The contract division is delivering furniture and joinery packages to a range of high end residential projects primarily for blue chip companies in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The successful candidate will start to work for LEMA UK on a premium project based in Edinburgh with the potential, in the future, to be transferred to London.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-today running on site from design right through to completion and handing over to the client.
- supervise and organise daily work on a construction site
- managing the fitting team on site
- take control of all operations, including progress, planning, labour relations and cost planning for sub-contractors
- responsible for handling any delays on site
- monitoring the progress of the updating the managing director and senior projects manager
- organising deliveries, loading, offloading and hoist on site
- leasing with the client on site and monitoring the programme
- checking work processes meet building regulations
- writing reports of the works being carried out
- hiring labours when needed
- manage any problems that may occur on site
- overseeing quality control and making sure it’s at the right standard
- health and safety checks and the inspection of work carried out
- managing communication between all parties on site
- reporting directly to the senior projects manager
- being assertive
- having good communication skills
- being organised
- having good customer service skills
- being able to work with a team
- math skills
- being able to crate accurate reports
- high attention to detail
- high awareness of health and safety issues
- IT skills
- CSCS card
- SSSTS training or similar
- first aid in project or construction management