Leong Leong is seeking a project director to lead its team in New York.
We’re looking for a remarkable team leader to join our New York office.
This project director will be responsible for leading projects from concept stages through completion, working closely with the partners, coordinating consultants and interfacing with clients. In-depth experience of managing drawing sets through Revit is critical. Successful candidates will have the ability to translate design concepts into reality while simultaneously managing project workflows. The ideal candidate for this position is highly-motivated and possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills. He or she must also have experience organizing teams and coordinating projects in complex and dynamic situations.
Project manager role/responsibilities:
- excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- working across project types at varying scales including: residential, retail, community, cultural, exhibition, and furniture/objects
- project development and documentation across all phases: concept design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- managing project communications with clients, consultants, fabricators, contractors, product reps, etc.
- overseeing design process and production tasks on multiple projects while supervising project teams
- driving consultant coordination to maintain design integrity
- supporting innovative projects requiring design collaboration with construction trades, vendors, and fabricators
- assisting with supervision of documentation across all projects to maintain quality control of presentations and drawing sets
- designing with US model building codes
- implementing sustainability strategies
- minimum eight to ten years experience in design and document production for small to medium-scale building and interiors projects
- ability to confidently, clearly, and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- master degree in architecture
- professional licensure preferred; LEED accreditation is a plus
- software proficiency requirements: Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite proficiency are required. Rendering skills are a plus (V-Ray, Lumion, or Enscape)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a cover letter, CV, and work samples as a single PDF no larger than 8MB using the ‘apply’ link below. Include ‘project director – Dezeen-1’ in the subject field. We can only respond to a limited number of qualified candidates. No phone inquiries, please.