Lever Architecture is looking for an intermediate architect for high end residential to join its practice in Portland, USA.
Intermediate architect, high-end residential
Lever Architecture is a mid-sized architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon. We are seeking a candidate with residential expertise and specific experience managing the design and construction of high-end private residences. This individual will contribute to and grow with an office dedicated to design, research, and impactful projects across many different scales, regions, and typologies. Lever Architecture brings design excellence to a diverse range of building types including institutional, creative office, and multi-family housing; as well as being nationally recognized for material innovation and pioneering work with mass timber construction. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for design, good communication skills, and proven experience leading teams through the successful completion of all design phases.
Experience and qualifications:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, architecture license
- six-ten years’ national and/or international professional architecture experience
- extensive experience with client communication and project management
- significant experience leading teams through all design phases on high-end residential projects
- experience coordinating with engineers, consultants, and contractors
- experience and familiarity with industry standard design software required
- experience and knowledge of international and local building codes
- experience producing detailed construction document sets and construction administration experience
- self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic, verbal, and leadership skills
- must live in or be willing to relocate to Portland, Oregon
Duties may include:
- project management and internal team coordination and organization
- client presentations
- coordination with various engineers and consultants as required for the successful completion of various phases of design
- the ability to collaborate, work productively, and potentially lead various tasks or phases in a team-based studio environment
- participation in competitions and/or business development
- some travel will be required in this role
Qualified candidates should submit by email a cover letter, resume, and work samples using the ‘apply’ link below. This is a full-time position with benefits. No phone calls or unannounced office visits, please.
Lever Architecture is committed to providing competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.